SLA Worldwide is recognized for our work on economic impact analysis for public and private investments and programs. This includes work for government agencies, private companies and non-profit institutions. It spans a range of applications:
- Colleges, universities and other educational institutions
- Casinos, convention facilities and tourism visitor attractions
- Biotech, health care, computer, back office and other industries
- Military bases, airports and other public or quasi-public facilities
- Commercial, industrial, residential and mixed use development projects
- Transportation, energy & environmental projects, programs and policies.
This work spans both measurement of past impacts, and assessment of expected future impacts. A hallmark of our work has been the distinction made between (a) economic impacts on local and regional economies, and (b) benefit/cost analysis, which takes into account broader non-money benefits.
Our work is used for program evaluation, investment decision-making, environmental impact studies and public information campaigns. Our consulting clients include local and state government agencies, universities, non-profit organizations, industry organizations, regional chamber of commerce organizations, and private businesses.